At Safe Search for Kids, we welcome the use of our search tool to ensure that safe browsing on Google is always set to the strictest level of filtering, whether it’s being used at home or on every computer in school. To ensure the ultimate in internet safety for kids, we also encourage the use of internet filtering software to give parental control over how kids access the internet. This is not to be confused with Internet Security Software that protects your computer against computer viruses.
Clearing Up the Confusion:
There are three areas of online security that people need to be aware of. These are not presented as options, rather – they each offer a different level of security and serve different purposes.
1. Antivirus Software: This is your basic software that filters your email to protect your computer from becoming infected with a virus or malicious software. No computer should be without this standard software. We recommend the free version offered by AVG: Download AVG AntiVirus Free
2. Internet Security Software: This runs on your computer to block viruses from infecting your computer due to a cyber attack or in the event you accidentally visit an infected website. Antivirus software will often be included in this ‘next level’ of security (as is the case of AVG antivirus software mentioned above). There are other software programs specifically designed to block malware.
3. Internet Filtering with Parental Controls: More than likely, this is why you found your way to this website and ultimately to this page. If you are concerned about protecting your kids from harmful websites, you need proper internet filtering which ultimately blocks access to the internet according to the age of the child. Read about the specific benefits of Parental Control Software.
The filtering tool on our website ensures safe search is activated for all Google search results. It’s main purpose is to give kids safe results for any search term they may enter in the search box. It is a quick and easy FREE solution with some limitations. It will block search results for inappropriate search terms entered, but it does not block access to bad content when kids leave out site. This is where internet filtering software should be explored.
Parental Control Software Should Include:
- Content Controls – Flexible content control allows you to select the types of website that are appropriate.
- Program Controls – Control Instant Messengers, P2P File Sharing, and other harmful programs.
- Time Controls – Control the amount of time spent online, and the times when the internet is available.
- Usage Logging – Create and review logs of websites visited, programs used on the Internet, and Instant Messaging Chats.
- Usage Alerts – Be notified instantly via email, text message, or phone call when someone visits inappropriate websites.
As mentioned, internet filtering is not the same as protecting your computer against viruses. To fully protect against viruses and online threats (such as malware on websites) you may also want to consider Malwarebytes for virus scanning and malware protection. Read more about Malware!
Choosing stand alone filtering software greatly improves your kids internet safety and allows parents the ability to set the safety controls for each child according to their age and responsibility.
Search Amazon for Filtering and Security Options: As stated on the top of this page, there are three type of security you should be concerned with. Antivirus Software and Internet Security Software (for computers) – and Internet Filtering Software (for Kids Safety).
Search product categories below according to your need.
Simple Solutions for Filtered Search by Covenant Eyes.
Software that features both accountability and filtering. What is the difference?
Accountability: When software is installed on any or all computers in your home, you will receive a report emailed to you weekly to show high risk website that were visited. This features does not block content. It is meant for older kids and adults who know that the report will be viewed, and therefore builds good computer habits. The accountability report can be further generated to easily show sites according to various ratings, such as Teen, Mature Teen and Mature.
Web Filtering: This feature of the software filters the internet and blocks certain content. If offer parental controls to set filtering according to user age, as well as put timelines on how long a user can surfing the internet, as well as restrict hours of use. It is important to note that the Accountability feature can be purchased as a ‘stand alone’ feature. Full filtering comes at the cost of downloading the full software program.
Learn more about How Covenant Eyes Works.
So what about our website – Safe Search Kids? How does that fit into the mix of providing internet safety for kids? For one, our site only restricts potentially harmful websites on Google. Our website simply allows for added security for those who are not installing software filtering. Safe Software Solutions.
Safe Search Kids is ideal for schools who want to implement safe search filtering instantly without having to painstakingly turn on safe search within the settings of each computer. This is done by bookmarking our home page. All search engines have their limitations. Software programs such as Kids Watch enable you to block internet access.
Safe Eyes is another software option to protects your family from harmful content and other dangers on the internet. It is compatible for Mac, PC, and iOS.
The Safe Eyes Internet Filtering Software protects in the following ways…
- Filtering websites, videos and music.
- Provides reports for searches, instant messages, social networks.
- Compatible versions available for Windows, Mac and iOS.
|Compare with KidsWatch.com.||Compare with CovenantEyes.com.|
Should I Use Additional Safe Search Filtering Software?
It is important to note that Google safe search is not perfect. We strive to provide a healthy balance between screening out illicit material and providing quality search results. For this reason, the ultimate in security can only be achieved with the use of parental control software. This is difficult and costly in a school setting where you have hundreds of computers, which is why Safe Search Kids is a good step towards a safer online environment on a broader level.
When you have control over 1 or 2 computers in you home, it becomes a viable option to consider filtering software options to protect kids, as well as your computer from viruses. The cost is minimal and gives the user much more control over what keywords are filtered out.
The important thing is to do your research and compare all the pros and cons, including costs, before proceeding. Read more about software solutions for kids internet safety.
No search filter can replace parental supervision when it comes to children on the internet, but every little bit helps. Using our free internet filter ensures that Search for Kids SafeSearch is always on.
|Safe Games | Videos | Safe Images|
This website is not endorsed by, nor is it directly affiliated with Google. We provide search results with safe search activated in accordance with Google Custom Search Engine (CSE) polices.