This website (Safe Search Kids at https://www.safesearchkids.com) provides Google SafeSearch results free of charge to any user from any location with internet access. All search results are delivered from Google’s main search engine domain at google.com with safe search automatically activated within the approved policies of the Google Custom Search Engine Program.
Safe Search Kids is not endorsed by Google, nor is it directly affiliated by or acknowledged by Google. The tools used on this website has been created and implemented by an independent Google Custom Search account in partnership with Safe Search Kids.
Search results are provided by the default search results as determined by Google SafeSearch filtering. Within the guidelines of Google Custom Search, additional urls (full websites including sub domains, or individual pages therein) have been removed as we deem them inappropriate for our users.
We welcome suggestions from our users in order to add to the filtering effectiveness of Safe Search Kids. All requests submitted through our contact page by users for removal of additional urls (websites, whether in whole or in part) from our search results are reviewed by us within 48 hours. Implementation of these removal requests, or the decision to not comply with these suggested exclusions, are subject to our discretion as to whether the information on said urls (websites or pages therein) are indeeded inappropriate for our users. Safe Search Kids makes every effort to reply to individuals who contact us with suggestions on our search results.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Email addresses that come into our possession from individuals contacting us are used solely for the purpose of responding to those requests directly. We do not sell or rent those email addresses to third parties, nor do we place those emails on a mailing list. Email addresses are not stored for any other purpose beyond the function of corresponding directly to the user request via email or via the submission form on our contact page. Email addresses are not stored for future use except in email replies which are naturally deleted over time.
Google Analytics is used on this site to track and analyze usage. This includes information about your computer and about your visits to this website (including geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral sources from other websites, length of visit, page views and website navigation). No personal information from individual users is accessible to us. Tracking data collected about each computer used is in general terms and is kept secure within the Google Analytics account managed by Safe Search Kids. This information is not shared with any third party.
Use of Images
The use of images directly from our website is prohibited as we have paid royalty fees for these images. Re-use of our images on your website would require third party websites to also pay the same fee for each image used. However, the use of our logos to link to us from your resources pages is allowed.
Kids Image Logo | Name Logo.
Linking to Safe Search Kids from another website is allowed and encouraged so long as the graphic/image or linking text used properly conveys the theme and purpose of our child friendly free search service. This includes schools who may place a link on any of their pages for students to use at will. Links to a specific article on our website should properly match the content of the article, whether it be a generic title such as Safe Search Kids or specific text related to the topic of one of our articles or one of our search tools.
Framing of this website within another website is not allowed: Framing is when our website and search results appear within the frame of your website. Links to this website should be placed on websites in one of two ways.
- Links can open in the same browser window (where users can click the ‘back’ button to return to your website)
- Links to our website can be set to open in a new window without closing our existing website content.
Links to this website may be directed to any page the user sees fit. Multiple users are allowed to access this website simultaneously and may be directed from any other website to browse articles or search from any search bar on the top or bottom of any page.
The articles on this website may contains links to other websites that are deemed safe and resourceful by Safe Search Kids. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites that one of our article links brings you to.
You may view, download and print pages from our website for your own personal use, subject to the following restrictions. You may not republish material from this website in whole or in part online. (This will result in duplicate content and hurts our website listing in Google search results. As stated previously, links to the content on our website is permissible). You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for commercial purposes.
Printing content from our website for personal use or for educational purposes, such as in a classroom, is permitted as long as credit is given to Safe Search Kids with full stated url www.SafeSearchKids.com.
This website contains general information about online safety for kids and information related to internet safety and security in general. It may also contain articles that provide valuable information to kids, parents and teachers. The articles on this website are not advice and should not be treated as such. Safe Search Kids makes no guarantee of the authenticity of expertise of third party websites that are referenced in relation to individual articles on this site. This website is meant to be used as a resource in conjunction with other research conducted by each individual on the topics contained within our article pages. Visit our home page for our latest posts. For article categories, visit the links in the right column of our site.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site and others you visit. You can delete cookie history within your browser settings while still leaving them on for future web surfing. Learn all about cookies.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google Advertising Privacy Policies.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioral advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work various social media sites will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Geolocation IP Detection: This site is using GeoLite2 City database (updated weekly) to identify the geographic location of your IP adress. This site is saving the IP of the visitors of the last 1 week for performance reasons.